Quality Water Filters 4 You Posting Page
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Every now and then, it is good to remind the general population why it is a good idea to filter water before using it for drinking, cooking, or bathing purposes. This article looks at a few of the more important issues associated with why we need to filter our water.
1. Healthy bodies require water, also known as hydration. But this water must be free of contaminants in order to provide us with the health benefits we desire from it.
2. Ingesting water that is contaminated with micro-organisms is the leading cause of epidemic disease in developing countries and has also caused outbreaks in modern times, right here in the United States.
3. Studies suggest that there are more than 2100 known toxins and contaminants that may be present in tap water. This includes several known poisons such as arsenic, lead, and mercury.
4. Claims that bottled water is safer to drink are not always true. Some bottled water is nothing more than filtered tap water, selling at outrageous prices.
5. Water treatment plants work hard to produce clean, safe water, but mistakes can happen. Filtering your tap water can help minimize or eliminate the effects of those mistakes.
6. The best option for ensuring contaminant-free drinking water is to use a quality point-of-use water filtration system.
7. Studies suggest that many types of cancer can be linked to the presence of certain toxic contaminants found in drinking water. Water filters can remove these harmful contaminants.
8. Children simply must have safe, clean, and healthy drinking water in order to develop to their highest levels, mentally and physically.
9. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) reports that lead in drinking water will contribute to over 400,000 cases of learning disorders in American children each year. Quality water filters can easily remove lead from tap water.
The above are just a few of the many reasons more consumers are turning to water filters. Point of Use water filters are the most popular as they are both very effective in removing the dangers of tap water as well as being very affordable to buy and maintain.
If you want to provide your family with the cleanest and safest drinking water possible, consider installing a water filter that meets your needs and budget. You might be surprised at just how affordable quality models are these days, and you can find filtering units to meet just about any décor you have in your home, including out-of-sight under-countertop models.
For those who are not sure what they need, contact a reliable water filter vendor who will be happy to discuss your particular issues and offer sound advice on which products best suit your needs.
by: Chris Tracey